There are a lot of things that go into buying a home from getting pre-approved, hiring an agent, deciding what features your dream home will have, among so many other things. With everything that is going through your mind, there is a good chance you will overlook some important factors.
The next time you view a home, here are some questions to keep in mind:
- Why is the house for sale?
- How old is the roof? When was it last replaced?
- Have you had any problems with roaches, termites, or any other pests?
- What are the monthly utilities bill costs?
- Has the sewer ever backed up? Any plumbing problems?
- How much installation is in the attic?
- How old is the water heater? When was it last replaced?
- When was the last time to home was tested for mold?
- What are the neighbors like?
- Does the home have a septic tank? When was the last time it was pumped? Any problems with it?